This website contains basic lessons on organic agriculture. They are the output of the project “Advancing training and teaching of organic agriculture in South-East Europe (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Bulgaria, Hungary)", which was coordinated by the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL) and financed by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNFS) within the SCOPES program from September 2011 to September 2014.
The main objective of this project was to induce substantial improvements in the education of organic agriculture at the involved universities in South-Eastern European (SEE) countries, the latter being:
- the Agricultural University of Tirana, Albania,
- the Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences, Bosnia and Herzegovina,
- the University of Prishtina, Kosovo,
- the Agricultural University Plovdiv, Bulgaria and
- the Department of Ecological and Sustainable Farming Systems of the Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary.
Through their project participation all partners were not only able to establish a strong cooperation network and to exchange knowledge and experience, but also to invest into educational infrastructure.
Apart from the jointly developed material made available to the public through this website all partner universities have access to an e-learning tool (Moodle) configurated according to their needs; furthermore, literature and lectures translated to the languages relevant in participating countries are available via a portal-based platform (SharePoint) beyond the duration of the project.